OK. So, what is the difference between a retail business system (AKA multichannel retail system), an EPOS system and a cash register. Well here is the answer.
- Electronic Till (sits on a computer, connected with a receipt printer, a cash drawer and a barcode scanner)
- Add up the end of day takings
EPOS SYSTEM All points above plus:
- Report on sales and profits for any day, week, month or year
- Limit staff to what they can do, eg not allowed to give discounts unless a spervisor or manager is present
- Run customer loyalty schemes
- Manager customer orders
- Track VAT and give reports for your accounts
RETAIL BUSINESS SYSTEM All points above plus:
- Run your website or websites
- Manage the pick, pack and dispatch process for any remote orders, eg Telephone, Mail, Website or eBay
- Allow you to send products to eBay and other web channels
What they look like
RETAIL BUSINESS SYSTEM
There you go! Hope that helps.